The Risks of Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Tylenol and Similar NSAID Drugs
I FREQUENTLY HAVE NEW PATIENTS COMING IN WHO ARE RELYING ON PRESCRIPTION OR OVER-THE-COUNTER PAIN MEDICATION TO MANAGE THEIR CONDITIONS. BUT DO DRUG COMPANIES AND MEDICAL DOCTORS TELL YOU THE FOLLOWING FACTS...
After taking Ibuprofen for only 6 months, persons have three times the risk of dying from stroke, heart attack, or other heart related problems! (Marilyn Marchione 4/19/2005)
A “One Aspirin Per Day” therapy carries with it a 40% increased risk of stroke!
Taking 1 Vioxx, Celebrex, Bextra carries with it a 500 % increased risk of stroke!
(European Heart Journal 5/26/2006) ( FDA Reverses Its Position on Daily Aspirin)
While Vioxx was taken off the market in 2004 due to it's cardiovascular risk, Voltaren (Diclofenac) which is still sold world-wide, carries with it an 50 % increased risk of heart disease even within 30 days of initial use.
(Brittish Medical Journal 7/19/2018)
- 1 in 10,000 people will die from taking Tylenol, even at lower doses…
- Tylenol is the most common cause of liver failure in the United States! (Hepatology July 2004)
After 5 years on Ibuprofen …
- Women are 50 % more likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Women are 80 % more likely to develop breast tumors which are not sensitive to hormones estrogen or progesterone
(Rita Rubin 5//31/2005)
Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Tylenol and similar pain killers have been linked to a marked increase in childhood birth defects which persist life-long.
(Birth Defects Linked to Pain Killer Drugs)
Ibuprofen and certain other drugs in this category have been found to raise the risk of heart failure between 20-80%, depending on the drug being taken, and the age of the individual. (Brittish Medical Journal 9/28/2016)
The New England Journal of Medicine (December 20, 2001;345:1801-1808) stated…
The lifetime total medication tolerated before reaching End-Stage Renal or Liver Failure for ...
- Tylenol = 1000 pills (at 1/day, for 365 days, we reach this after 3 yrs)*
- Ibuprofen = 5000 pills (at 1/day, we reach this in about 13 years)*
- Note: * multiple tablets per day cut the above numbers in ½, 1/3, etc.
One of the most dangerous pain medications is Vicodin = Tylenol + Codeine ... because "by the time you handle the addiction you are often far along into end-stage liver disease".
A nationwide case-control study from Finland of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) - European Heart Journal, May 26, 2006 stated:
In the largest population-based observational study this far on the cardiovascular risk associated with NSAIDs, in users of of both COX-2 Inhibitors (Vioxx, Celebrex, Bextra) and conventional NSAIDS (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen [Aleve], Clinoril, Voltaren, etc.) the results showed...
- "None of the above anti-inflammatory drugs were found to have a protective effect against heart attacks among current users. Instead, the increased risk of heart attacks for users of these drugs was between 35% - 50% greater"
- "In the users of these anti-inflammatory drugs, the increased risk for heart attacks was "elevated regardless of the length of use." (even after 1 day's use!)
- "The risk of serious upper gastrointestinal events [bleeding] is 200% - 500% greater in users of anti-inflammatory drugs compared to non-users. Additionally, 16,500 Americans die each year from bleeding ulcers related to the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxyn."
A Harvard Medical School Study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, February 2007;167:394-399, found that NSAID usage also lead to increased risk of HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE in men they studied. They found that taking the following medications leads to...
- Tylenol 6-7 pills/week increased the risk of hypertension by 34%
- Aspirin 6-7 pills/week increased the risk of hypertension by 26%
- Tylenol or Aspirin 7-15 pills/week raised the risks to 52% and 32%, respectively
- For Other NSAIDs 6-7 pills/week increased the risk of hypertension by 38%